If you are wishing to discuss a financial/property settlement, we would normally ask that you bring the following to your appointment:
Information on yourself, your former spouse and your children (if you have any) including:
- dates of birth;
- date you began living together;
- date you were married (if applicable);
- date you separated/reunited (on each occasion if more than once);
- care arrangements for the children (if applicable); and
- information about contributions to the relationship i.e. financial contributions or non-financial contributions such as caregiving for children or homemaking duties.
Proof of your assets/debts including:
- 2 years of bank statements for all bank accounts (including mortgage if applicable;
- 2 years of statements for any credit cards or loans;
- 2 years of statements for services such as Afterpay or hire/purchase;
- the last 3 years of PAYG/tax returns;
- a RedBook valuation or similar for any vehicles;
- current statements for any shares;
- 3 years of superannuation statements;
- a valuation on your home (if applicable); and
- any other documentation that would establish the value of any of your assets or debts.
If you would like to arrange an appointment to speak about your family law matter, please get in touch with us at any of our offices.
MORGAN COUZENS LEGAL
Please subscribe to our blog here: