- Charles was raised in England and studied at Cambridge University.
- Charles came to Australia in 1990 and worked for four years in Melbourne, dealing with asset recovery and insolvency cases for one of the major banks, as well as building and construction litigation. He lectured for three years at RMIT in building and construction law, contract and civil law.
- Charles relocated with his family to Myrtleford and spent 17 years as a solicitor and partner in a large North East Victorian law firm, with offices from Shepparton to Mount Beauty. He headed the employment and commercial litigation practices, also undertaking commercial and conveyancing work.
- Charles established Charles Morgan & Associates in November 2011, focusing on employment law, commercial law and litigation (excluding personal injury litigation).
- On 1 January 2018 Charles Morgan & Associates became Morgan Couzens Legal with the addition of Wendy Couzens as principal.
- Charles works in the areas of employment law, commercial litigation, commercial matters, wills and probate and family law.
- Charles is an accredited specialist in workplace relations with the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Charles primarily works from our Myrtleford office, visiting our Wangaratta office on Thursday and Friday. Charles attends our Wodonga office by appointment.
- In 2013, after completing her studies and obtaining a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from Victoria University and a graduate diploma in legal practice from the Leo Cussen Institute, Wendy joined Charles Morgan & Associates as a solicitor.
- Prior to joining Charles Morgan & Associates, Wendy had worked as a law clerk for seven years with a family law solicitor in Wangaratta.
- Since 2013 Wendy has developed an extensive practice in employment law, with matters including unfair dismissal, discrimination in employment, general protections, adverse action, breach of employment contracts, as well as commercial litigation, commercial disputes, divorce applications, family law applications and family law consent orders.
- Wendy primarily works from our Wangaratta office and visits our Wodonga and Myrtleford offices by appointment.
- Kylie is local to the North East area, having grown up in Benalla.
- She obtained a Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Psychology from La Trobe University in 2018.
- In 2019, Kylie obtained a graduate diploma in legal practice from the Leo Cussen Institute before being admitted to practice and joining the firm as a solicitor in 2020.
- Kylie works in the areas of family law, wills, powers of attorney, employment law and commercial matters.
- Kylie primarily works from our Wangaratta office and visits our Myrtleford and Wodonga office by appointment.
- Christine joined Morgan Couzens Legal as Office Manager in December 2020.
- Christine works primarily from our Wangaratta office and visits our Myrtleford office weekly.
- Christine grew up in Myrtleford and has lived in Whorouly for over 20 years.
- Jess is Law Clerk to Wendy Couzens assisting with employment law, family law and litigation matters.
- Jess has worked at Morgan Couzens Legal since 2017 working primarily in our Wangaratta office.
- Jess is currently studying a Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University.
- Ally is Law Clerk to Charles Morgan, assisting with wills, powers of attorneys, probate, estates, employment and commercial matters.
- Ally assists in managing the firm’s trust accounting.
- Ally has worked at Morgan Couzens Legal since 2016 and works between the Myrtleford and Wangaratta offices.
- Jamie is an Administrative Assistant working at the Wangaratta office.
- Jamie is local to the North East area, having grown up in Moyhu.
- Jamie has worked at Morgan Couzens Legal since 2015, having begun working full-time at the firm in 2023.